When you consider replacement windows for your Madison WI home, the benefits of wood windows are hard to beat. The addition of the Pella EnduraGuard® system takes them to an even higher level of efficiency.
Pella’s aluminum-clad wood windows protect your home from the whims of Wisconsin’s weather, In addition, they bring a variety of colors to match your home’s trim and design accents. Going beyond the basic material and covering, EnduraGuard extends protection against the impact of moisture, decay, mold, mildew and stains.
The obvious benefits of wooden windows are their good looks and energy efficiency. For decades they have been the benchmark for other window-building materials. Unfortunately, wooden windows have drawbacks, including:
- Initial cost
- More maintenance
- Threatened by the elements
- Insects – termites, etc.
Vinyl, fiberglass and aluminum windows have their own disadvantages but these aren’t usually among them.
Pella EnduraGuard – Advanced Protection
Couple with Pella’s unique immersion treatment technology EnduraGuard protects from the effects of moisture and stain from mold and mildew. It also fends off rot and bugs.
In southern Wisconsin where there are four distinct seasons the protection provides extra peace of mind. It works in the cold, heat and wet.
Beyond its technology, the system does nothing to detract from the style and performance of basic window technology. The insulating properties of wood and the energy-efficiency of the window glass remains always high. Pella has developed systems to make its windows better in tandem with its high-tech engineering. Windows do more than let in light and keep out the elements.
Technology Sets Standard For Replacement Windows
When sourcing new windows for your home you have choices. Some work better than others. Some fit your home’s style and your budget better. As you evaluate your choices, consider the benefits of high-tech window design, including:
- Enhanced energy efficiency – Pella Energy Star® certified windows help to lower energy bills. New windows won’t work miracles with your energy bill, but over time they’ll save money. Your furnace and AC units won’t work as hard which should help them last longer, too.
- Reduced noise – if you live on or near a busy street you understand the stress noise causes, don’t you? Modern window technology helps to filter out exterior sounds using solid frames and multi-pane High-E glass.
- Filter out dust, allergens – many of the high-tech treatments allow new windows to protect against dust and outdoor elements from entering your home. Between-glass blinds and shades protect from outdoor light while reducing space for dust to collect. Having fewer surfaces to clean is a welcome benefit, right?
- Low maintenance – not only don’t you have to dust with special options but when it is time to wash windows sashes that tilt in make that chore easier, too. If you have a two-story home you can appreciate not having to climb a ladder can’t you?
- Added security – modern windows not only provide great visibility and access to fresh air they provide safety to your family. High-tech hardware includes dependable locking systems and can include security sensors. In addition, they won’t get “painted shut” making them a fire safety threat.
Subtle Benefits Of New Windows
There are benefits of wooden windows that show up within hours of installation. There are also more subtle advantages. Don’t undervalue these benefits:
- Comfortable living – older homes are often plagues by cold drafts and hot spots. Well-designed new windows with double- or triple-pane glass reduce heat transfer while filtering UV rays. Tight seals prevent air leaks, making your living space more comfortable and family-friendly.
- Renewed curb appeal – new windows can dramatically change the appearance of your home – inside and out. Striking new lines or colors make a statement. Replacement windows are a great way to give you property a real face-lift.
- Increased resale value – would-be buyers will take note of the outside appearance and will track with energy-efficient home features. Remodeling magazine’s 2020 Cost vs. Value report shows homeowners adding modern wooden windows may get as high as a 60% return when it’s time to sell. The bottom line: invest in high-tech windows with Pella’s protective features, enjoy the benefits every day and get your money’s worth when you sell.
Get Everything Out Of Pella EnduraGuard
Skilled, professional installation is the final critical factor that allows you to get the most from every high-tech feature. You’ve selected your replacement windows carefully and are making a commitment to your future. With that in mind, you don’t want to cut corners, do you?
Sims Exteriors & Remodeling is a Certified Installation Contractor for all Pella Windows. It is a member of a select national group fielding a team of specialists trained to install innovative windows and doors, all supported by extensive warranties. When you consult a Pella specialists at Sims Exteriors & Remodeling you’re tapping years of experience.
Sims Exteriors & Remodeling is committed to every phase of quality residential construction – remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows and additions. Contact Sims Exteriors & Remodeling at 608-825-4500 or via email for the latest energy-efficient windows featuring Pella EnduraGuard for your Madison WI home.